Selecting the right agent is not only important in achieving the sale of your property but it is also vital to enable you to achieve the best possible price for your property.
Before you invite estate agents to visit your property to carry out a valuation, it is best to research a number of them and narrow down the choices to about three to give you a valuation. Here are a few pointers that may help you in your selection:
Expert local knowledge
How long has the branch or estate agent been operating in the local area? How long have the staff within it known or lived in the local area? Being experts in their local area will help the estate agent to market your property correctly as they will know how to market the property to the right people in the local area or anyone planning to move to the area. They will know what will sell well in the area and how to market the property to its best potential.
Easy to work with
It is important to choose an estate agent that you are happy you can work with. Remember selling property is not usually a quick process and can take several months. It is important you are going to be happy working with the estate agent you choose. It is important the agent is good at communicating and you are kept up to date.
An estate agent with a large number of applicants are more likely to have the right applicant for your property. Most estate agents will have been in regular contact with their applicants in order to put forward the right properties to suit their applicants. Therefore they will have a good idea of which applicants they can contact immediately regarding your property. This will allow the process to move along quicker, and can also help to increase the price of your property. An estate agent who has a large number of applicants looking for a property like yours will be able to generate a greater demand for your property that may well drive up the price in offers made to purchase it.
Polite and professional
Any estate agent you choose should be polite and professional at all times. Whether they are assisting you with the sale of your property or showing buyers around potential new homes, their manner and behaviour should always stand out as impeccable.
How will your property be marketed? What does the agent provide for you? As a minimum you need:
- High quality photography of a majority if not all of your rooms, taken at different angles;
- Detailed floorplan of your property and all the rooms;
- Exposure on major portals such as Rightmove and OnTheMarket.com;
- Listing on the agents own website;
- Detailed property write up, not just giving room dimensions but also highlighting all the features and benefits your property offers;
- Dedicated email, SMS and telephone calls to an extensive applicant database of those interested in a property like yours;
- Social media, SMS and email marketing to push your property out to other potential buyers;
- Detailed property particulars and window cards within estate agents office windows to capture attention of interested parties.
Whilst the fee is very important in picking an estate agent, you do not necessarily just want to select the cheapest. You need to assess what you get for your money versus what they can sell or let your property for. An agent that may have a higher fee may be able to offer a lot more in order to get you a better price for your property. With Haybrook estate agents, we always aim to get the best possible price for your home and have several different options available, including our Prime Package. (LINK)
Picking a local estate agent to you is very important. Haybrook estate and letting agents can help if you are looking for:
- an estate agent in Banner Cross, Sheffield;
- an estate agent in Barnsley, South Yorkshire;
- an estate agent in Chapeltown, Sheffield;
- an estate agent in Crystal Peaks, Sheffield;
- an estate agent in Crookes, Sheffield;
- an estate agent in Gleadless, Sheffield;
- an estate agent in Hillsborough, Sheffield;
- an estate agent in Rotherham, South Yorkshire;
- an agent agent in Swinton, South Yorkshire;
- an estate agent in Woodseats;
- a lettings agent in Sheffield.